Tools in Transit Cover
(Please refer to this PDF for definitions, claim conditions and general conditions and further information)
We can offer tools in transit cover with a limit of indemnity going up to £10,000. If you do require cover which exceeds this limit we can tailor fit a policy made for you.
What is covered
- The insurer will by payment (or at the insurer’s option by repair reinstatement or replacement) indemnify the insured (subject to evidence of purchase) if any part of the insured’s property be lost, destroyed or damaged within the territorial limits during the period of insurance.
- Property is insured only whilst being loaded in or upon, carried by, temporarily housed in or upon, or being unloaded from an insured vehicle.
- The liability of the insurer in respect of any claim arising out of any one event shall not exceed the sum insured.
- The insured must, at their own expense, take all reasonable precautions to prevent any loss, destruction of damage of property which may give rise to a claim against this policy.
What is not covered
- The excess which is payable by the insured;
- Loss of market, loss of profits, delay, or any consequential loss;
- Loss of sheets, ropes, packing materials, damaged securing chains or toggles;
- Property warehoused at a rental or under a contract for storage and distribution;
- Money and securities;
- Jewellery, watches, furs, cameras, radios, televisions, record players, cassette players, video and other electronic equipment;
- Personal belongings of the insured or of any vehicle drivers or attendants;
- Property carried by or dispatched by the insured for hire or reward;
- Damage to property arising as a result of packing which was inadequate to withstand normal handling during transit;
- Damage caused to property in open vehicles owned or operated by the insured caused by atmospheric or climatic conditions unless the property is protected by vehicle sheets;
- Damage to property caused by or arising from wear and tear, depreciation, deterioration, mildew, moth, vermin, manufacturer’s defect, mechanical or electrical breakdown, failure or derangement unless external damage has occurred;
- Property forming part of or attaching to the insured vehicle;
- Claims where you have failed to check on property left in an unattended vehicle for more than 48 hours;
- Claims that arise from your negligent act;
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, confiscation, requisition, seizure or destruction by any government or any public authority;
- Damage to any property whatsoever or any loss or expense whatsoever resulting or arising therefrom or any consequential loss directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to or by arising from:
- ionising radiations from or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel of from any nuclear waste or from the combustion of nuclear fuel. The radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous or contaminating properties of any nuclear installation reactor or other nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof;
- any weapon or device employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter;
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous or contamination properties of any radioactive matter. The exclusion in this sub-clause does not extend to radioactive isotopes other than nuclear fuel when such isotopes are being prepared carried stored or used for commercial agricultural medical scientific or other similar peaceful purposes;
- Damage to property directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds;
- Terrorism; or, steps taken to prevent, suppress, control or reduce the consequences of any actual, attempted, anticipated, threatened, suspected or perceived terrorism.
(For the purpose of this exclusion “terrorism” means any act of any person or group of persons or organisation involving the causing occasioning or threatening of harm of whatever nature and by whatever means or putting the public or any section of the public in fear. In circumstances in which it is reasonable to conclude that the purpose of the person or group of persons or organisation concerned is wholly or partly of a political religious, ideological or similar nature. If the insurer asserts that any loss, damage, liability or expense is not covered by reason of this exclusion it shall be for the insured to prove the contrary.)